What is "Follow the Leader!"?
Follow the Leader! is a 4-Step Leadership Programme for Small Business Owners, Entrepreneurs and Service Professionals which gives them the leadership skills to rapidly scale and grow their businesses. It shows you “how to do” instead of just telling you “what to do”.
The programme brings together practical tools, insights and skills of leadership which SBOs can access and apply to their particular leadership environment and context.
It uses penetration and duration to expose you to the very best of small business leadership.
It is based on “what actually works” rather than on "leadership theories". This lets you focus on your unique and specific leadership situations and also identify the necessary and most effective leadership decisions to make.
“Follow the Leader!” is also a brand of Impact Training & Development Services (ITDS).
Why "Follow the Leader!"?
Most SBOs understand the importance of effective leadership to their businesses. But finding a model that works for their business is another story.
This leaves you and your business stuck in a place where you're making money, but you’re doing everything yourself and even though you’re able to pay your bills you regularly experience “feast and famine”.
You're also frustrated because your business is taking too long to reach the phase where it's making you the money you intended when you started it. You also need this money for contribution to the wider society.
Rapid Scale Experts and Turnaround Consultants all agree that businesses that scale rapidly are owned by people who continually investigate where and how value is being produced in their businesses – and this is the very nature of successful leadership.
The BIG problem is that leadership training for small business owners, entrepreneurs and service professionals cannot be met by traditional organistional leadership theories or traditional training and coaching.
What is needed is a specific, custom-designed approach which is based on the context in which you lead and includes the environment in which you have to lead.
Follow the Leader! is all that and more...that's why getting into the programme is the best gift you can give to you and your business!
What Will The Four Steps Cover?
Follow the Leader!™Programme
|Step # 1
|You and leadership:
In the past, when we thought of leadership, we immediately thought of the tough-talking, “large and in charge” sometimes charismatic leader. . . But today, a leader needs to be a visionary, a broker, a convener, a mediator...to name a few. This first step takes a comprehensive look at the nature of small business leadership and forces you to analyse you existing leadership skills. The important areas covered in this step include:
1. The nature of “small business” leadership
2. Leadership...a personal commitment (assessing yourself as a leader)
3. The “colour” of your leadership and why people follow you
4. Uncovering your influence "touch points"
5. Your personal Action List & Action Plan for leadership change & growth
|Step # 2||The Context/Environment in which you lead:
Leadership occurs in a specific context and in a particular environment. As the context/environment change, an effective leader must be able to respond appropriately. This step builds on the previous one and really helps you to look at your business and your team and how you deploy these in your marketplace. The important areas covered in this step include:
1. Analyse and understand your business within its marketplace
2. Using “failure” to improve leadership
3. A closer look at the team you have chosen (or have been dealt)
4. A plan to powerfully engage your team
|Step # 3||The Small Business Leadership Productivity Model:
When a business is going through a rapid scale phase, one of the areas where leadership is necessary is that of productivity which ultimately leads to profit. The important aspect of this step is the exciting mentorship model designed to grow your business 3.5 X faster. The important areas covered in this step include:
1. 10 “Small Business” Leadership Skills and how you will apply them
2. Creating a performance culture in your business
3. Mentorship – A model to grow your business 3.5 X faster
4. Understanding the difference between growth and scale
|Step # 4||Wrapping it up in the BAG (Big Audacious Goal):
One of the things that all proponents of leadership and management agree on is the need for setting goals. But to rapid scale a business, leaders must learn to “think big” and set Big Audacious Goals (BAGs.) The important areas covered in this step include:
1. Setting the BAG for your business
2. Identifying and focusing on your big wins
3. Aligning resources and systems to support your agreed goals
4. Setting up the business to lead itself
|In addition to the content in the 5-Steps above, you will also get the following:
1. Unlimited email support with a response in 24-hrs or less during the life of your training
2. Short periods of telephone support as needed
3. Links to supporting on-line content
4. Accountability support (if needed) to complete assignments and rescue you if you go astray
5. Access to the ITDS’ team wisest advice and keenest attention
6. One value-added group session on a topic not covered in the four steps (group decision)
7. For those accepted into the programme, chance to benefit from a juicy Fast-Action Bonus
8. Tools, templates, check lists and other (DFYs) Done for You
9. A “Follow the Leader!” Certificate of Leadership
How Will The Content Be Delivered?
On location - (Barbados)
- In groups of not more than 12 persons
- One-on-One as a coaching programme
- It can also be customized for use in-house by established businesses, to train and coach managers to improve their leadership skills
- Five 90-minute Face2Face sessions in Barbados delivered one per month
- Content delivered by entrepreneurs with business experience and experiences that mirrors those of the participants
- “Homework” between sessions consisting of a comprehensive case study and on-line research
- Analyses of business, self, team and environment at various stages of the programme
- Research and presentation of local/regional business which has the “best” leadership
- Practical application of content and report back on what worked and what didn't
- Required to set goals and chart growth over the period
- Involvement of the leaders teams for feedback purposes
- Opportunity for leadership “moments” in the group
- Choice of ideal mentors using a method that is proven to grow you and your business 3.5 X faster
On-line via Internet
Conditions are similar to those for participants attending the physical location, except the group number is reduced to 5 - 7 and content is delivered via Skype or similar software.
Who Should Be Part of This Programme?
Here’s our ideal client for the “Follow the Leader!” Programme
- Small Business Owner, Entrepreneur, Service Professional with a business that has capacity to grow
- Progressive thinker ready to embrace change. If you’re stuck in the past and not ready to change we’ll frustrate each other
- Open to exposing your leadership weaknesses and getting them fixed because you understand that your business can only grow as fast and as far as you do
- A do-er, not just a think-er
- If you’re all talk and no action it’s likely we’ll hate each other
- Willing to be evaluated by your team before and after the training and share it with us
- 100% committed to doing the required work to achieve the change in yourself and your businesses. This is where your big wins are. If you have a history of starting and not completing, we don’t want to be party to helping you waste your money
Your Next Steps…
You now have two choices:
#1. Continue your hit and miss, frustration-filled approach to leading your business or
#2. Get serious and get help to fast-track your leadership success and by extension, your wealth.
If you choose #2, then Follow The Leader! is for you.
If you would like to be considered for one of the spots on the next programme, request your Qualification Questionnaire from me at firstname.lastname@example.org, complete it and return it to me immediately. Be sure to let me know if you want to be part of a group or if you prefer to work One-on-One.
If you would like the programme conducted in-house, then rush me an email at email@example.com
Now go ahead and contact me if you need to for any further information at all...
To your Leadership Success
Follow The Leader!
Coordinator and Lead Facilitator
Impact Training & Development Services